Saturday, April 25, 2009

Every Shirt XXVII: Metallica - Unforgiven

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: Metallica (Unforgiven/Harvester)
size: XL (US)
vintage: 1996
provenance: retail

This was the first shirt I acquired, in the spring of 1996, as I started to combine "being into metal" and "able and willing to walk ridiculous distances". Because I didn't want to rely on anyone else to lug me around, and I wasn't able to drive yet, I walked about six and a half miles out to Newbury Comics to pick up a Metallica or Type O shirt; this is the kind of thing that you do when you're in the suburbs and, as a metalhead, don't want to take the easy way to do anything.

For a long time, this was also my only shirt; if you have to walk thirteen miles round-trip to buy metal shirts, you may not want to do it so often. As such, and due to the thirteen years of age on this one, it's pretty battered, as can kind of be seen with the overexposure and that it's lighter than the background.

No comments: