Sunday, April 12, 2009

Every Shirt XIV: Dissection

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
size: XL (EU)
vintage: 2001
provenance: catalog

Secured in an order in the winter of early 2001 and almost immediately consigned to a drawer, this shirt's primary historical role has been as a marker of how fat I am. Currently, the answer is 'medium'; I can fit into it, but it's still tight around the gut, unlike when I was in grad school, walking 50 miles a week and subsisting on generally less than 1800 calories a day. As might be expected, I'd rather the shirt fit better, but I have a car now and no economic imperative towards starvation, so this might take a while.

Though I did my first W:O:A in a Dissection shirt because I hadn't built my kutte yet, it wasn't this one; for reasons of fit and logistics I didn't take this shirt to Germany. The Dissection shirt that has been in the mud over there was a longsleeve (viz my prior advice), and will be covered some weekend in the future.

No comments: