Sunday, April 05, 2009

Every Shirt VII: Morbid Angel

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: Morbid Angel Domination/Masters of Chaos
size: L (US)
vintage: 2006
provenance: band

Yesterday I intimated that I couldn't fit into a size L shirt. This is not technically true, as I can fit into this one. It's fairly tight, though, maybe a little smaller than a European XL, which shows the reason for listing the sizes as they're actually recorded rather than insisting on some arbitrary standard.

I don't know why I got this in large as opposed to XL. Maybe they were out of stock and the other shirt options were less appealing; maybe, since this was the first big show since I got back from Germany, I was confused about how big American shirts were generally cut. It may have been some combination of the above; this gig was three years ago this coming week, and I can still wear the shirt, which makes this whole exercise pretty academic.

The design on the front of this shirt is the Domination record, which came out in 1995, though the back has the '06 Masters of Chaos tourdates. This is because Trey is kind of crazy, and consequently Morbid Angel very rarely has a relatively recent album out when they do a tour. Three years ago, when they did this jaunt, their latest record was already three years old. As mentioned, it's now three years later, and still nothing since Heretic.

No comments: