Sunday, April 19, 2009

Every Shirt XXI: Metal Church

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: Metal Church '06/'07 tour
size: XL (US)
vintage: 2007
provenance: band

Though the cover on this one is from their classic self-titled record, the tour dates on the back are from the Dark In The Light tour that came to Mark's that January, which is where I picked up this shirt. Of the three times I've seen Metal Church, this one is probably the favorite; though the sound wasn't as good as at Wacken, I was up closer than either set there, and they did "Fake Healer", which for whatever reason I never saw them do in Europe.

This one is a little interesting in light of Running Wild's announced intention to retire; when Metal Church decided to hang it up, I was saddened, but didn't really have any regrets, since I'd seen them do some particular Blessing In Disguise material at this gig. Similarly, I'm seeing Running Wild on their last show, but things can always go wrong; either I might be unable to get up to the front, or Rolf's idea of a Night to Remember set might be radically different from mine, and then there'll never be another Running Wild gig to have another chance.

I'm most concerned about "Little Big Horn"; I'm pretty sure that they won't be able to get away with skipping "Raise Your Fist", and it's hard to see how they wouldn't do "Treasure Island" and "The Ballad of William Kidd". We'll see, though; this is a designated 2-hour minimum, and every Running Wild song I see is one more than I've ever seen from the band to date.

No comments: