Thursday, May 28, 2009

Every Shirt LX: Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: Rumpelstiltskin Grinder
size: XL (US)
vintage: 2006
provenance: festival

This shirt was acquired at the Relapse table back at Metalfest 2006, when I still browsed tables other than Oak Knoll and Deepsend -- and, coincidentally, when said tables had records that I was interested in hearing or merch from bands I liked. I still haven't seen this band live, and I still don't have their second album, which I think came out a while ago, but the first is cool enough, and this is a pretty good shirt.

When these guys started to gain notice, there was not really a thrash revival as we understand it today. This, plus the fact that their name and a bunch of their song titles were pretty weird, especially in the context of a band that musically liked Nuclear Assault and DRI a lot, gave rise to the suspicion that this was being done purely for the lulz, which is a bad impression to make as a metal band. Hence the badass chorus, and the back of this shirt: "NO! We're not fucking around!"

No comments: