Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Every Shirt LII: Withered (red)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: Withered - red Memento Mori
size: XL (US)
vintage: 2006
provenance: band

I got this shirt when I saw these guys open for Grave, Vital Remains, and Dismember back in the fall of '06. The main driver was their performance at Metalfest that year; though they were pretty good on this gig, they were definitely overshadowed by the rest of the bill. Also, it's a red shirt; how the hell many of those are there out there? All I need to do is stay way the hell away from William Shatner while wearing it, and I should be fine.

In other news, Ramming Speed is now on Candlelight. So I have an extended reprieve to continue being lazy and not publishing the writeup I did of Brainwreck before it gets re-pressed for all territories. In the last three months, this is now three Boston-area bands whose names start with the letter R getting signed to relatively major labels. Who's next? Razormaze? Rampant Decay? Rohirrim? Will bands whose names start with other letters start getting Scooby-Doo to write up their press packs? The world waits rapt.

No comments: