Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Every Shirt LXXVIII: W:O:A 2007 Black Stage

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: W:O:A 2007 - Black Stage
size: XL (EU)
vintage: 2007
provenance: festival

As with the prior year's shirt, I tend to get the Black Stage design because I tend to go to Wacken for Black Stage bands: Dissection and Kreator in 2005, Atheist, Amon Amarth, and Emperor in '06, Immortal and Sodom this year, Kreator, Carcass, and At The Gates last year, and in the coming iteration, Borknagar and Einherjer (as well as Running Wild and the Chilean Pentagram, who seem to be fluttering between confirmed and not). In this case I saw all or most of the following bands from the back:

Immortal
Type O Negative
Destruction
Dimmu Borgir
Sodom
Therion
Cannibal Corpse
Enslaved
Amorphis
Napalm Death
Possessed
Suidakra
The Vision Bleak
1349
Sabbat

I missed Samael, Moonspell, Vital Remains, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Belphegor, Moonsorrow, Swallow The Sun, Communic, Tyr, Turisas, Norther, Dimension Zero, Secrets of the Moon, Sahg, Unheilig, Drone, and Chthonic. That's a good festival bill's worth of bands just right there, but some of them were missed through no fault of my own, and others that I consciously gave a pass to, I think I made the right decision.

No comments: