Thursday, June 25, 2009

Every Shirt LXXXVIII: Napalm Death

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

shirt: Napalm Death
size: 2XL (US)
vintage: 2006
provenance: band

Picked up at one of the first major shows of my time as a completist metalhead, this shirt remains an abiding favorite both for its cool design and because it fits over my carcass without a lot of stretching. If I remember correctly, this was the first time that I saw Napalm Death, but I've rarely passed up an opportunity to do so since, including when I was suffering from minor smoke inhalation at the '07 W:O:A.

Speaking of said band and said festival, the running order is out, and I have to miss them because they're playing against Einherjer, who I'd skip in preference if, you know, they hadn't been broken up for five years and I'd never seen them live. It's a logical decision to make, as are most of the conflicts on this fest that I'm pissed about: the audience overlap is pretty small between these two bands, between Heaven Shall Burn and Borknagar, between Amon Amarth and Pentagram (the Chilean one that's been broken up for like 20 years), between GWAR and Korpiklaani, but it does exist....even if it's limited to one American dude who can't stop whining about seeing one kickass band instead of another.

No comments: