Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Every Shirt CXX: Pantera



shirt: Pantera - Power Metal
size: XL (EU)
vintage: 2009
provenance: bootlegger

Now this is unique, at least on this continent, likely. This one was acquired from a largely- (not mostly-, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because they're pretty cool dudes) bootleg shirt vendor on the German festival circuit, and is about the only Pantera shirt that I would consider owning and wearing. Pantera's official real merchandise is somewhat cliche at this point, and honestly, I'm not sure that the surviving band members see much more in revenue from it than from obviously unapproved stuff like this. Now to actually hunt up the record -- I have a boot of Projects In The Jungle/I Am The Night, but still lack the first and last discs of their we'll-pretend-it-never-happened period.

No comments: