Tuesday, December 29, 2009

better late than never

Once upon a time, The Alien Blakk played a gig at the Skybar, and unfortunately packed up before I could pick up a CD. Not one to not support a touring band who bothered to come to one of Boston's shakiest venues (which was, in retrospect, even then in its death throes), I went online to order up the CD and a patch, and got duly charged for it. Then I waited, and the CD didn't come. I went to Wacken, and it still wasn't there when I got back. I shrugged and wrote it off; casual risk of doing business with the underground.

Fast-forward two and a half years and one apartment move. I get some extremely apologetic emails from the band to the effect that they are wicked sorry that this stuff never got sent, and they are sending it right away. Unfortunately, the notification that they've already mailed it out (to my old address) is in my inbox by the time I can reply to the previous one with an address correction. :headslap: It's a good thing that bands will go the extra mile to fill two-and-a-half-year-old internet orders, but this particular transaction just seems to be cursed. It would be super awesome and a bonus if this CD actually arrived in my mailbox, but after all this time I'm not going to get my hopes up.

No comments: