Wednesday, September 27, 2006

internet, shows, and other crap

So I finally bought a wireless card for my laptop to bore into the surrounding unsecured networks, but ended up not needing it -- which was good since it kind of failed to properly function. However, I could have saved 35 bucks if I knew that all I had to do was enable the internal wireless connection on my work gear (by turning the damn device on in Device Manager, what blockhead shipped the rig with it turned off) -- and now I have to re-register for Ran, KoL, and Silkroad, because I can't remember my damn passwords. This will also mean getting a nice chainable USB keyboard to play on, because my screen still doesn't work. I am getting a new work computer in another week or so for this reason, so we'll see at that point whether its graphics capabilities are up to snuff, or if I have to get another card (PCI) and drop it into my real computer.

This'll be handled on the weekend, but this weekend is going to be kind of busy; I'm going to go catch Dismember and Grave's kickoff show (no Vital Remains, but too bad, wait 2 weeks) Saturday night, and may also be going to Gigantour depending on ticket price and selection. I'd rather support the underground, but I'd also rather go to both gigs. In other good news, Vital is not touring with Benton on vocals, so they're not going to cancel the Middle East date. Unfortunately, despite the initial impression, their touring vocalist only shares his last name with Gerre from Tankard, it's not the same dude. If this was the case, it would be beyond cool, but still, VITAL REMAINS.

No comments: